Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

F@cebook and N3tflix

So, the road to hell is paved with good intentions, right? Well for me, it's paved with f@cebook stalking and n3tflix watching.

So in an effort to curtail my more useless activities, I am taking a hiatus from both! It's time to build some really good new habits. Instead of sitting in front of the computer when I have a spare minute, I now turn to my notebook planner.

Exhibit A:
20110614_Littleofeverything_7931
As you can see, it is a messy work-in-progress. But the key word is progress. And thus far, I have been making a lot of progress! :)

Here is my new cookbook. I pull the 6 or 7 recipes out to the front that I am cooking that week and then have easy access on the counter!
20110614_Littleofeverything_7933


Here are my activities of the day, in photos:
I boiled 8 pounds of potatoes, and made mashed potatoes as a side dish and as a topping for Shepherd's Pie (to be prepared Thursday, then frozen).
20110614_Littleofeverything_7925

I cleaned, peeled and diced a massive sweet potato to make home fries. Sweet potatoes are my son's favorite side dish!
20110614_Littleofeverything_7923

I browned three pounds of meat with two onions. One of the pounds of meat and onions I set aside for the Shepherd's Pie. The other two pounds of meat I continued to cook with seasonings to make the filler for Empanadas.
20110614_Littleofeverything_7936

I added a few ingredients to make it last longer: 1/2 cup quinoa, 3 celery stalks, 2/3 bell pepper, and some cayenne pepper.
20110614_Littleofeverything_7955


Here are the sweet potatoes finished, and the browned meat set aside for the Shepherd's Pie.
20110614_Littleofeverything_7940


And finally, the cook gets to eat! I used the Empanada filler and filled up two extra tortillas from the fridge! I have to say, it was very good!
20110614_Littleofeverything_7957

It has been a full and productive day. I also made powdered laundry detergent, 5 gallon bags full. But due to a child hanging around my knees I forgot to take pictures. Needless to say, I am exhausted. And now, I'm off to bed!

BlogSignature4

No comments:

Post a Comment