Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Letters

Communication fail. My husband and I do this all the time. We will discuss a topic, flesh it out, and end the discussion with each one thinking the other person agreed to the opposite thing. I would be rich if I had a dime for every time I have heard, or said "But I thought you meant thus-and-such!"

So in an endeavor to communicate better, my husband sent me this invitation:

Would you be willing to join me in an experiment for the rest of our lives? I want to write to each other, not on any kind of schedule or about anything in particular. Just writing to one another, both of us making an honest effort to communicate out of our sincere desire to know one another better. We could use this medium to document our letters and keep them for the future. Each of us just creating a new note in response to the other and when it's finished, letting the other know a letter is waiting.

So we have begun a Letters folder in Evernote. He writes, I respond. Sharing a new "page" in the love story of our lives, with a grace-filled heart.

Hopefully, this is the beginning of an older, wiser couple. ;) The Lord knows we need the help!


BlogSignature4

No comments:

Post a Comment